I already posted about the surprising key to weight loss that is seldom mentioned and that is your decision to lose weight.
Remember that you are beautiful – made in God’s image . . . a temple of His Holy Spirit.
And remember that no matter how desperate you feel about losing weight, doing so is not going to earn you more brownie points from God. He already loves you for who you are – not what you look like.
However, that truth does not change how you are feeling about your excess weight. I totally understand that. I have been in your shoes.
So, yes, your decision is vital!
You will not, actually CAN NOT, be successful at losing weight if you don’t first make a firm decision in your mind that no matter what, you are going to take all necessary actions to lose your extra weight once and for all.
Your decision has to be strong and firm and unshakeable.
Friends cannot derail you with their temptations of “one won’t hurt you.”
Restaurant menus with their glossy photos won’t make you succumb to “I can always get back on my diet tomorrow.”
Scratch “tomorrow” from your vocabulary! Tomorrow is here and it is today! And today is the day to end your feeling of being desperate to lose weight.
Here are 5 techniques to help your decision be as strong as dried concrete in the heat of a summer day:
1. Write your decision down, include the date, and post it where you can see it often – actually, do this in multiple places.
2. Communicate your decision to your family and friends and let them know that the best way to support you is to encourage follow through on your firm decision.
3. At the beginning of each day, remind yourself of your decision and how you are going to live out good choices today that support your decision.
4. When you are going to bed at night, congratulate yourself on holding strong to your resolve with your decision to lose weight. If you didn’t do so well, give yourself some good “self talk” on how tomorrow is going to be better.
5. Make a plan to lose weight that supports your decision. The decision comes first but must be accompanied with a set plan of action or you will continue to wallow in your desperation to lose weight.
Even though you cannot “wish,” “think,” or “pray” your weight away, it is very true that your weight loss begins in your mind with your decision.
So try these five techniques to strengthen your resolve and turnaround your size.
Share your own techniques below so we can all learn from you too.
Grab your free copy of my e-report “14 Unusual Weight Loss Strategies that Work!” Put in your information right here:
Health Disclaimer: This is my opinion and has not been approved by the FDA. Remember to seek medical advice from your health professional before starting any weight loss program.