How to Detox Your Liver with 7 Easy Tips
Optimizing liver function should be foremost in the health-conscious person’s mind.
The liver is the largest gland in the body and it is the only internal organ that will actually regenerate itself if part of it is damaged. In fact, up to 25% of the liver can be removed and it will grow back to its original shape and size! That is amazing. Of course, we want to support our liver as best we can.
Did you know that all unabsorbed nutrients and many of your bodies’ metabolic processes are cleared through the liver?
Body detoxification is in the forefront of a lot of people’s minds these days. Vibrant health of the mind and body are not possible if the liver is not functioning properly.
There are actually four organs that filter out various substances: kidneys, respiratory system, lymph nodes/ lumphatic system, and the liver. But for our purposes today, we are going to major on the liver and how to detox your liver for better health.
The liver, being very versatile, performs many different metabolic and regulatory functions.
1. Regulates carbohydrate metabolism. It turns glucose into glycogen for storage in the liver.
2. Has storage functions – including Vitamin A, Vitamin D, some of the B complex vitamins, iron, copper, as well as glycogen mentioned above.
3. Regulates protein metabolism. A healthy liver is required for healthy blood vessels.
4. Detoxifies many toxic substances.
Here are seven easy tips you can do to help detox your liver and optimize its function:
1. Begin the day with a glass of warm water plus the juice of 1/2 lemon or lime. This is a gentle method for liver cleansing.
2. Eat a diet rich in raw veggies (which are high in digestive enzymes), particularly cruciferous ones.
3. Add in beneficial herbs like dandelion and milk thistle. (I use this Liver DeTox supplement.)
4. Avoid eating large amounts of sugar, especially refined sugars.
5. Eat lots of fiber so you can avoid constipation. Eat fiber in raw fruits and vegetables and drink lots of water throughout the day.
6. Avoid excessive fats, especially saturated or damaged fats as these will harm your liver over time.
7. Consult with your health provider for a more intense liver cleanse if you are interested. “Discover the Best Body Detox for You” includes information and recipes on how to detox your liver.
*Raw seeds: flaxseed, sunflower, sesame, pumpkin
*Brazil nuts, almonds, cashews, walnuts
*Sprouts (chlorophyll is very cleansing)
*Breads: whole grain, multi-grain, stone ground
*Chicken: preferably free range, remove the skin!
*Eggs: preferably free range
*Seafoods: tuna, salmon, sardines, mackerel
Here is a great book for you to check out called The Liver Cleansing Diet.
A healthy liver helps to keep the body clean and protects the immune system from being overloaded. Your liver is fundamental to having the most efficient metabolism possible (and we all want that!) so it affects weight control too.
By learning how to detox your liver and keep it in optimum condition you will alleviate other potential health problems and enjoy boundless energy.
This post contains affiliate offers but there is no additional charge to you.